1. All the users of the Library must enter through the Entry Point, and leave through the Exit Point at the Security Check Point, unless otherwise directed by staff of the Library.
2. Bags, attaché/brief cases, raincoats, umbrellas and other carriers, are not allowed into the Library. They should be handed over to the janitors at the Security Check Point for safe-keeping in a cabinet and collected back when leaving the Library.
3. Eating, drinking and smoking are forbidden within the Library.
4. The use of mobile phones is forbidden within the Library.
5. The use of naked light (e.g. candles) is not allowed in the Library.
6. Silence should be maintained in the Library, and any other behavior likely to disturb or inconvenience other readers should be avoided.
7. Books consulted should not be returned to the shelves. They should be left on the tables. Much trouble and delay are caused in re-shelving books that have been placed incorrectly on the shelves.
8. Marking, mutilation and misappropriation of library materials are serious offences and severe disciplinary action will be taken against offenders.
9. Readers must submit any book(s) and material(s) they are carrying while leaving the library for scrutiny at the Security Check Point.
10. All Library materials and equipment must be treated with care. Any damage must be reported at once. The Librarian may require a reader to pay for the cost of repair to any damaged property.
11. No book may be taken out of the Library unless it has been properly charged at the Circulation Desk.
12. Public Lavatories are alongside the entrance of the Old Library, and on the Landing of each floor in the new Library.Block.
13. Cameras cannot be used within the Library premises without the permission of the University Librarian